Interfaith Conversation Group
Building on our successful conversation at the last Fawkner Festa we would like to have a regular afternoon where interested residents from Fawkner’s diverse faiths, and those without religious faith, can come together for conversation and story-telling – a place where we can meet our neighbours in a spirit of good will and friendship.
We would like these conversations to be an opportunity for people to build understanding and a sense of community across our different faiths by learning about each other and our faith traditions and by sharing our stories – sharing our knowledge and insights; exploring areas of common interest and issues of faith; and exploring questions, confusions and misconceptions in a spirit of mutual respect.
If you are interested in becoming involved ring Meredith at the Community House on 9357 4631.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS:We would like to acknowledge the following organizations for their support:
Victorian Department of Health & Human Services, Victorian Office of Multicultural Affairs & Citizenship, Moreland City Council, Merri Community Health, Arabic Welfare, Meadow Heights Learning Shop, Homestead Community & Learning Centre, Dallas Neighbourhood House, Sussex Neighbourhood House, Glenroy Neighbourhood Learning Centre, Melbourne City Mission, Uniting Care Lentara, Open Table, Second Bite, Foodbank Victoria, Moreland U3A.
We are very grateful to Bonwick Street Bakery and Café, Campbellfield Fresh Halal Meat and Fawkner IGA Xpress Major Road for their food donations.
- Wurundjeri Week July 28, 2017
- Eid and Cubby House Celebration July 14, 2017
- Learn to make Boomerang Bags July 8, 2017
- Upcoming Food Swap Meet Ups & Flyers July 8, 2017
- Eid Festival and Cubby House Launch June 29, 2017
- Melbourne Inner North Performing Arts Academy June 23, 2017
- Dates Updated For Activities June 19, 2017
- Open Table – Fawkner June 9, 2017
- Expression of interest for Skills for Community Leadership June 9, 2017
- Women’s Iftar Dinner June 1, 2017